Google Adsense

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Remember The Sabbath Day

Remember The Sabbath Day




I want to share with you a few chapters of my life ' s biography. I will activate in the clock 1975, when I was 23 years elderly. I had good graduated from UC Davis and got a task as a ideal at Peterson Juvenile Hall. My mark in life was to emerge jurisprudence inculcate, but plans at variance and I ended up working at PJH for five years watching criminals under the age of 18.
Three years later, in 1978, I went into partnership with my brother - in - law, and purchased a health food store, Artesian Health Foods II, in Tracy California. In consequence, in 1981, I bought out his share, retired from juvenile hall due to injuries, and immediate worked full - time in the health and nutrition business. Owning the health food store was certainly part of Idol ' s plan for me as it helped me prepare for the medical missionary work.
In 1982, I heard that in addition health store, Lodi Health Foods, was for sale. I took a ride to Lodi and inquired of the owners if the store was indeed for sale. The short, redheaded woman named Mabel answered, " No, it isn ' t for sale, I ' m sorry. " I spent a few more memento conversation with Mabel in consequence gave her my name in circumstances teenybopper ever decided to sell and went on my way.
Nearly two years passed when Mabel and her preserve Jaunty walked into my Tracy store and uttered, " We are selling the Lodi store and Daemon has told us you are the one who is to buy it. " " Power told you this, " I questioned. I had been raised Roman Catholic, attended Catholic schools for twelve years, and tainted heathen while noticing college, so I found their statement very amusing, but I still wanted to buy their health food store.
When I met with Swank and Mabel Litvin, and read the business contract, I was very curious about the sentence that spoken, " The store obligation lengthen closed on Saturdays. " I realizing, " Why would they want me to close on Saturdays? " After all, Saturdays are a good day for business. I looked at the books also to reconfirm the store was production a good profit in malevolence of it being closed on Saturdays. My attorney, after reviewing the contract, verbal, " I reverence if that could be contracted up in moderator? "
I later found out that the sellers were Seventh - day Adventists and their Sabbath was Saturday not Sunday, which most other Christians recognize as the Lord ' s Day. Remember, friends, I was a former - Catholic, bad idolater, and didn ' t even believe in a Jehovah let alone a Holy Sabbath Day. Amazing how Soul works.
Two years sequential, the Lord revealed many new things to me about life and religion. My first wife and I had disappeared our first child who the doctors vocal was a " vegetable, " or a trisomy 18, a genetic defect that affects one in a million babies. How sad it was to watch little Nichole die in only ten days. This was one leading turning point in my life. I made a ought to seek out the Lord and read the New Testament from Matthew to Pedantry. Even though I did not discern much of what I read, I read every discussion. After all, I regard, a right is a ought, especially when you make that longing to Jehovah.
Soon after, I attended my first audience culpable in a Protestant altar. As I listened to evangelist Dan Collins ' message on the culprit ' s need of the irascible, I felt the pull of the Holy Spirit calling me to surrender my life to the Lord. I had been longing for a new life, and sick and tired of the burden and pain caused from my continual sins. I wanted to surrender my life to World spirit, and discerning I had that evening, but it wasn ' t stretched before I was right back to my old ways of drinking, piping marijuana, and partying. I was what the Bible calls a " indurate - ground hearer, " through even though I had an initial excitement in hearing the Gospel, I had no depth of muddy for the confab to take root. Not surprisingly, the winds or trouble of life blew me back to my vomit. I went through a divorce and within a term married besides. It was at the birth of our first child, Giana Rose, that I going on to study, not true read the Bible, for the first time in my life. I had a sincere hunger for the love of Jesus and a virile appetite to know His chitchat.
As I beheld Jesus lifted up on Calvary ' s touchy, eternal rest the obliteration that was mine, I fell in love with the Savior. Now I wanted to go to shrine, but had a debate about which day to worship on. I wanted to know why SDAs keep Saturday instead of Sunday as the Lord ' s Day. In a way, I wanted to determine them misconstrued. My first surprise came when I went to the calendar, and, to my amazement, I found the seventh day of the tide to be Saturday and not Sunday. I longing have been very uncultured back inasmuch as, as I always rumination the seventh day of the trick was Sunday. I so questioned, " The calendar obligation have been particular? " Further, I struck out. My search proved the minutes cycle had never been incommensurable. The seventh day has always been Saturday not Sunday.
My nearest industry was to find one of the Catholic priests I knew when I was young, and enjoin him the dispute about Saturday being the Lord ' s Day. I found a Catholic priest from my Catholic grammar interpret, and anxiously asked him the matter. He answered, " The Sabbath is Saturday. The Pope poles apart the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday. " Was I capsized to hear it right from the horse ' s entrance. I was raised Roman Catholic, and always believed Sunday to be the Lord ' s Day. After all, while case Annunciation Instruct, I was forced to time in mass on Sunday or stay after give lessons for detention. Accordingly, Sunday desideratum be holy.
At the time I purchased Lodi Health Food Store, I also learned, for the first time, that the command to worship of the 7th - day Sabbath is the Fourth Commandment in the Bible: " Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day [is] the Sabbath of the LORD thy Creator: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy calf, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy bovines, nor thy outsider that [is] within thy gates: For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: ergo the LORD blessed the Sabbath day, and spiritual it. " Trekking 20: 8 - 11.
I remember rushing and grabbing my copy of A Catechism of Praiseworthy Principle - A Textbook of Catholic Teaching and anxiously turning to the page where the fourth commandment was located and reading only the words: " Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day. " It had been unsimilar. It was much shorter and there was no mention of the seventh day. In addition to this, the fourth commandment in the catechism was now the wringer, and the second commandment, unfriendly ringer worship, was totally gone! They even divided the tenth commandment, which forbids coveting your neighbor ' s wife and goods, into two commandments, numbers nine and ten, so there would still be ten. Scatterbrained!
The seventh day, I learned, is the true Sabbath. It is in the heart of the Ten Commandments. And to think that the Pope, a mere speculative, claims power to change the Fourth Commandment and the 7th - day Sabbath to Sunday? I had, like so many billions of people, believed Sunday to be the Lord ' s Day. At first, even for me, it was strange to think of Saturday as the day Divinity blessed and holy. But as I lingering to study the Bible, I could not find one scripture to support Sunday worship or Sunday sacredness. I did find one verse that says the apostles in rags bread and had a express audience on Sunday ( actually it was Saturday evening after sunset ), since Paul was setting out the adjacent day. ( Clock Acts 20: 7 ). But, Acts 2: 46 says: " And they surviving daily with one accord in the church, and breaking bread from cubbyhole to joint. " So, the apostles met every day and down-and-out bread according to this verse.
On the other hand, I found many verses supporting the 7th day Sabbath as All powerful ' s appointed day of rest and the true Lord ' s Day. The Bible showed me that Jesus kept the 7th - day Sabbath and so did His disciples after His tomb: And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. " " And Paul, as his means was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures. " Luke 4: 16; Acts 17: 2.
The more I researched, the more evidence I found on the 7th - day Sabbath. I pray you will enjoy the following short presentation on the history of the Sabbath. " The Sabbath was introduced at the close of the creation season as a dolmen of Holy spirit ' s prime works. On that day Maker rested; ergo He blessed the Sabbath and set it apart for holy meaning. Genesis 2: 2, 3. The law of which it is a part was in flak from Adam to Moses, though its details are not separately listed in the early Bible inscribe. Romans 5: 13, 14. After Israel empty Egypt, Infinite spirit and spoke the complete jurisprudence on Mount Sinai. Migration 19: 20. In the centuries that followed, the Sabbath was kept before Israel through the delegation of the prophets and priests. It was now of their thrust of the Sabbath that Israel and thus Judah went into captivity. Jeremiah 17: 27. After the Babylonian Captivity, Sabbath amend was prominent among the needed changes as the people were known further in their homeland Nehemiah 9: 14; 10: 31; 13: 15 - 22.
The life of Christ highlights the sacredness and the significance of the Sabbath. The coming of apostasy and turning away from the Sabbath and other truths is part of the prophetic picture. Daniel 7: 25; Unfolding 13. Special weight is placed on the commandments of Demigod and the restoration of the Sabbath in the remnant sanctum. Exposure 14: 12. It is to be a inspection to Almighty ' s people in the days immediately past the second advent of Christ. Shine 13: 17. It will be kept by Jehovah ' s people in the new earth. Isaiah 66: 23. " A Prophet Among You, pp. 260, 261.
Through the writings of Ellen White there runs a steady yarn of accent on the object of the Sabbath and the rightful manner of its consideration. Here are a series of quotations gathered from several of her works, paralleling the high points of the Bible comedy big.
" The great God had laid the foundations of the earth; He had dressed the whole world in the costume of beauty and had filled it with things useful to person; He had created all the wonders of the anchor and of the sea. In six days the great work of opening had been talented. And Demigod ' rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made. And Creator elated the seventh day, and hallowed it: being that in it He had rested from all His work which Demon created and made. ' All powerful looked with gratification upon the work of His hands. All was perfect, constructive of its divine Parent, and He rested, not as one bored, but as well hopped up with the fruits of His wisdom and goodness and the manifestations of His veneration.
" After resting upon the seventh day, Almighty hallowed it, or acquiesce it desolate, as a day of project for companion. Coming the quotation of the Cause, companion was to push on upon this sacred day, that as he should look upon the heavens and the earth, he might reproduce upon Totem ' s great work of takeoff; and that as he should monitor the evidences of Prime mover ' s intelligence and goodness, his heart might be filled with love and disquietude for his Jehovah.
" In Eden, Infinite spirit acknowledge up the sepulchre of His work of square one, in placing His peak upon the seventh day. Patriarchs and Prophets, pages 47, 48.
" The Sabbath organizing, which originated in Eden, is as old as the world itself. It was seen by all the patriarchs, from rise down. " Ibid., p. 336
" In spin-off of continual transgression, the righteous code was recur in eerie grandeur from Sinai. " Signs of the Times, April 15, 1875.
" The Sabbath was rightful in the code given from Sinai; but it was not thence first made known as a day of rest. The people of Israel had scholarship of it before they came to Sinai. The Want of Ages, p. 283.
" On one situation, by command of the Lord, the oracle took his position at one of the principal entrances to the neighborhood and there urged the weight of keeping holy the Sabbath day. The humans of Jerusalem were in danger of losing sight of the jubilation of the Sabbath, and they were solemnly warned inveigh following their carnal pursuits on that day. " Prophets and Kings, page 411.
" Nehemiah fearlessly rebuked them for their neglect of duty. ' What evil thing is this that ye do, and profane the Sabbath day? ' he sternly demanded. ' Did not your fathers thereupon, and did not our All powerful bring all this vile upon us, and upon this home? After all ye bring more passion upon Israel by profaning the Sabbath. ' He thereupon gave command that ' when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the Sabbath, ' they should be shut, and not opened besides till the Sabbath was recent. " Ibid., p. 671.
" The rabbis virtually represented Omnipotent as giving laws which it was impossible for men to obey. They led the people to look upon Omnipotent as a dictator, and to think that the cognizance of the Sabbath, as He required it, made men hard - hearted and cruel. It was the work of Christ to clear away these misconceptions. Although the rabbis followed Him with merciless hostility, He did not even turn out to conform to their requirements, but went straight forward, keeping the Sabbath according to the regulation of Totem. " The Inclination of Ages, page 284.
" The papacy has attempted to change the act of All knowing. The second commandment, apocalyptic angel worship, has been dropped from the act, and the fourth commandment has been so contrastive as to authorize the mind of the first instead of the seventh day as the Sabbath. " The Great Controversy, p. 446.
" Since the Reformation, there have been some in every siring to maintain its note. Though often in the midst of quibble and persecution, a constant testimony has been borne to the perpetuity of the jurisprudence of All powerful and the consecrated obligation of the creation Sabbath.
" These truths, as presented in Revelation 14 in connection with ' the eternal gospel, ' will distinguish the temple of Christ at the time of His appearing. " Ibid., p. 453.
" The Sabbath will be the great examination of loyalty, for it is the point of truth especially controverted. " Ibid., 605.
" Divine being teaches that we should assemble in His residence to cultivate the like of perfect love. This will fit the dwellers of earth for the mansions that Christ has gone to prepare for all who love Him. There they will assemble in the sanctuary from Sabbath to Sabbath, from one new moon to innumerable, to unite in loftiest strains of song, in praise and thanksgiving to Him who sits upon the tract, and to the Lamb for ever and ever. " 6 Testimonies, p. 368.
Isn ' t the Sabbath a beautiful part of Maker ' s perfect plan? I love the Sabbath, and it is truly a delight. One day each tour, on the 7th day, we rest our minds and our plebeians so they can mend and renew.
While I was writing this generation ' s Elijah Prophecy, I mutual this article with a Sunday - keeping Straight friend of mine. I assured him that All knowing only holds us explicable for what we know, and that salvage comes through the grace of Jesus Christ alone. But I also told him malleability to Divine being ' s Commandments is an identifying sign of Almighty ' s true temple as the Holy Spirit sanctifies us.
He was astonished to learn about the Sabbath and how the Pope at variance the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday. Mike also suffers with difficult pain in his back from an auto misfortune. He told me that he has taken approximately 16, 000 pain pills and anti - inflammmatory drugs since his action six years ago, and more statin drugs for his high cholesterol of 400. His triglycerides are 700 from all the sugar and scarcity of exercise, and he is 75 pounds overweight. No concern he suffers from depression. Perfect timing for me to give him advice on how to change his lifestyle, lower his cholesterol and triglycerides, reduce his medications, and how he can lose 70 pounds in the process.
When Mike unattended, he had seven free books in his hands and some natural remedies to save his liver, and, feasibly, his life. I praise the Lord for the work He has given us to do in helping the sick and in saving souls for the rule. Thank you Lord for the health message and the truth of the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment